Monday 16 July 2012

The Transplanted Peppers

From the file of 'the OTHER plants', comes the story of how I over watered the new sprouts of bell pepper that I had growing in the brown pot.


Just a little bit too much.


Just a little.


Okay, a lot.

  So now what was I to do? Indeed I have a couple more empty pots left, but they are spoken for in the future for other plants. I moved my waterlogged sprouts out into the sun (this was Friday the 13th, so it was nice and hot outside) after dumping out what I could from the sopping soil without spilling any of the sprouts. They moved within their mud pie rather well, and it made me want to transplant them. A good idea indeed for they are going to need more space sooner rather than later, but what to plant them in?

Pack rat mode, activate!

...Into the storage room I go to see if there was anything that could be used. 

Behold:


A plastic dishpan and a plastic aquarium. From there I got to sweat in the sun and play in a mud pie. I must admit, it was fun--and it got me wondering just how long it had been since I had done anything like playing in water and dirt just because I wanted to.



And here we have the finished product! Not only was this one of the easiest of my transplants so far, it was a good experience. I may wind up intentionally flooding something I plan on moving if I have to do something like this again.


The funny thing was that right after I transplanted them, I had to water the soil around them. Seemed strange after they just had a prolonged bath. The next day they had grown almost a centimeter, and they close up at night. I like them. True I won't be seeing any peppers from these guys for a long while, but that's okay. If naught else I am happy they are growing. ^.^


...I really hope that the roots become prominent enough that I will be able to see them through the aquarium eventually. That would rock.


©reated by ŊetHerŊøte

No comments:

Post a Comment