Friday 20 July 2012

Ride To Reedman Park

Luckily, despite the fact that it has been stormy this afternoon, my power has yet to go out. This is a good thing, not only because I dislike setting digital clocks but because I can bring to you more pictures of my ride to Reedman Park.

In addition to discovering a strange, deceased denizen of the deep and checking the comment box due to curiosity, I saw other things in this small, foot or bike accessible park. At first--even though I have lived in this area for months now--I did not even know this place was there, so you can imagine my intrigue when I saw this on my bike ride down Blind Bay Road.

 And I peered down the path to see...

 ...And I knew I had to check it out.

 At the bottom was a lovely wooden bench that someone handcrafted--chained to a post so it could not float away by water or other means--and a half submerged boat and a plaque. I being me went straight to the reading material (armed with my Samsung phone camera, of course).
 You learn something new every day. Interesting that this park used to be where the ferry landed!
 Things sure have changed since those days. 

Below is a close up of the bottom paragraph and its pictures:

 Finished reading the plaque and looking over to the side (irresistible due to how high the water was then) I gazed out across the lake. Looked like this:
 Next up, I had to see this half-sunk boat. Interesting that it hasn't floated away--but maybe it is so waterlogged that it won't even float anymore (who knows, I did not attempt to overturn and test it) and that is why it has been abandoned here.
 Drawn to the flowers next, I noted that there were multiple varieties growing here. At first, I though there was two...

...But upon closer inspection, 
I could see that it is a harmony of three.

 Taking one last look across the water, I put my camera away and snapped on my helmet. Time to go! Hope you liked the little tour of Reedman Park. ^.^


©reated by ŊetHerŊøte  

No comments:

Post a Comment